Always choose beets that are round, firm and with a deep red color. Avoid those of elongated form, since they are harder and have a stronger flavor. The beet diet is one of the most effective to lose weight in a healthy and natural way, it is true that there are many types of treatments to lose weight, that nature is full of fruits and vegetables that help us regulate our line, but Perhaps none has as many health benefits as this vegetable scarlet and fresh ground flavor.
Among its properties contains a very moderate caloric value and a high content of fiber providing a good feeling of satiety, which limits the consumption of other foods that can make us fat. Do you want to know their properties and the type of diet you can follow? Go ahead, we’ll explain.
Beet is a wonderful food with amazing nutritional properties that we should always have in our diet. It is a very energetic vegetable recommended in cases of anemia, blood diseases and convalescence, as well as children and women. It has high iron content, is also rich in carotenes, folates and vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6. So that you can see it, we give an example of its nutritional properties in case you consume a cup of cooked beet cut in slices:
- Calories 31
- Protein 1.5 grams
- Carbohydrates 8.5 grams
- Feed dietary fiber 1.5 grams
- Potassium 259 milligrams
- Phosphorus 32 milligrams
- Folate 53.2 mg
- Vitamin A 58.5 International Units.
How to erect and preserve it?
- The beets can be found fresh in supermarkets and are usually sold in bundles, it is better to choose those that are firm, round, without spots and a very intense red color; Take also bunches that have very green leaves (it is cooler) and have the same roots so that later, when cooking, they do it in a uniform way.
- Avoid those with an elongated, scaly skin at the top because they will be hard, fibrous and strong-tasting.
- Preserves fresh beets in the refrigerator and inside a plastic bag, so they last two to three weeks. The leaves of the beet, separately, must also be kept in a plastic bag, without washing them. In this way and in refrigeration can be maintained for three to five days.
- “Never freeze the raw beet because it becomes soft.
How to prepare it?
- The beet is a vegetable that can be consumed raw, boiled or canned. Its main use is in salads, although it can also be taken alone, with garlic or onion and seasoned with a little oil, salt, and vinegar.
- If you want to eat it raw, you can grate it and season it with a little oil and lemon.
- If you consume cooked it will be more digestible, for this you introduce them in boiling salty water without having previously peeled them because if they would not lose some of their color and their flavor. They should boil for at least an hour, then you can remove the skin easily.
- Food: To do this, you only have to put them in the oven and do not remove them until tender. Cooked in this way, the beets retain almost all their properties intact.
- “Also note that the leaves of beets can be used as spinach.
You may also like: Tips to Reduce Insulin Resistance to Lose Belly Fat
How to prepare your diet with beets or beets
- Indicate you first that this diet is not recommended to do more than 10 days in a row, and during that time you should drink at least two liters of water a day.
- Beet juice to lose weight.
- This juice will allow you to obtain a set of nutrients essential for your body, as well as giving you a stifling sensation in the stomach thanks to the fiber that will make your craving for food reduced. You should take it before meals.
- Ingredients: 6 beets, 10 carrots, 10 oranges.
- Preparation: Beat all the ingredients in the blender, store in a container with lid in the refrigerator.
Beet diet menu
Fasting and one hour before your breakfast: e l juice of a lemon.
A cup of tea or coffee with skim milk, 1 whole wheat toast with lean cheese, or light yogurt with a spoonful of bran, 1 apple.
- “The beetroot: a large glass.
- Salad: Cucumber, tomato, spinach, lettuce and a few pieces of walnuts. It can be seasoned with oil.
- Bake cooked rice with baked chicken without skin; Or where appropriate, baked fish.
- 1 orange.
- “The beetroot: a large glass.
- Vegetable soup, a baked eggplant.
- 1 apple or 1 slice of watermelon or melon.